Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thing 17: ELM productivity tools

1. I couldn't find the instructions to create a search alert.

2. I enjoyed creating a folder with interesting articles and then creating a Web page. It saved to my computer the second time I tried.

3. I skipped this one. I've already created a web page in #2 and I don't have a flash drive so it seemed a waste of time.

4. Adding notes in NetLibrary is a very handy way to compile usefule bits of information. I plan to use this in the future for work as well as recreational topics.

If we all had a bit more time I think the articles folder and the NetLibrary information and notes could be useful at work. It's definitely something we should share with our student patrons. I need to explore the web page part in more depth so I hope I'll be able to do that at some point.

No comments: