Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thing 4 - Photosharing with Flickr


Flickr is an interesting experience. The cutesy spelling and word-making is a bit off-putting but there are definitely some useful tools there. I found a lot of interesting photos and a lot of pretentious ones. I still find it hard to understand why so many people think the entire world wants to see what they've been doing but I guess I'm just not in that mindset.

The Clemens library display was really great. What a creative use of this product! I definitely can see uses for our library there.

While searching Flickr I found a series of cute photos of possums. Possums are a most interesting critter and now that they seem to be a permanent part of the Minnesota landscape it's fun to find out more about them.
I had a lot of trouble uploading this image. This photo is from Possum Lady. It's not mine, just found on Flicker and the instructions aren't very complete.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22814387@N03/2209456497/sizes/s/ is the best I can do. There was no jpg link even though it seems to be in the public domain.

No comments: